Sorry I have been a total slacker lately and haven't wanted to craft. Can you believe it? Not wanting to craft never happens to me! Well I decided my slacker-dum had to come to an end so I brought out my favorite fall weather fabric (felt) and started crafting. I came up with three new tutorials which I will share in the upcoming weeks starting with this one...Pinwheel bobby pins!
I used these pinwheels for hair pins but I could see them being used in a number of ways…cupcake toppers, party favors, jewelry, etc.
Needle and Thread
Computer and printer
Hot glue gun
- Print out the pattern below. (Use the scale to make sure the print out is
the correct size).
- Cut a piece of felt using the 2" square pattern. After the overall square is cut out, cut along the dotted lines making sure not to cut into the center area. Do all four corners.
- Fold one of the corners so it touches the center, stitch it into place. Repeat with other four corners and tie off thread on the back but do not cut it yet.
- Sew a button to the center.
- Using the pattern cut out a circle backer from the felt. Fold the circle in half and using your scissors cut a small slit in the center of the felt. Take the bobby pin and slide it into the slit. Glue bobby pin circle to the back of the pinwheel using hot glue.